Time is indeed relative. I find it hard to believe I’ve been posting photos of my work since 2012.
“The Memory Jar” was my response to a UFO exchange challenge. It’s 17.5 by 23.5 inches.
Procrastination is still my default mode for quilting difficult projects. However, I did complete “Repurpose/Resurface,” which uses lots of my painted/dyed/stamped fabrics. It finished at 34.5 by 26.5 inches.
Late February/Early March 2017
Small projects got done as I procrastinated on important ones.
The theme for my guild’s annual challenge this year was Beatles’ songs. I chose Paperback Writer and had fun getting graphic with Baby’s In Black. Per the challenge rules, it measures 18 by 24 inches.
Work I began in January got wrapped up. First, The Smokies, a faux torn paper piece that measures 20 by 25 inches.
I began the new year with a few finishes, mostly small scrap quilts. I worked with my yellow, black and gray scraps; though I generously define yellow.
Mostly Black and Blue is based on an already pieced block that incorporates black, gray, blue, and red.
Pointing Toward Lavender works the purple side of gray and the rust side of yellow, and is about 21 inches square. The circle fabrics are pieces left from a paper pieced quilt called 12 Carat Diamond.
The big finish for the month was Look At The Birdie, which is mostly paper pieced. It measures 36 by 52 inches.
Golden is a 28 by 35 inch mixed media piece made of tissue paper and cotton and silk fabric. I stenciled trees on some of the tissue paper and cotton.
My color wash quilt is finally completed. It measures 72 inches square.
Two pieces finished in November! First, Unfolding, a project from my master class. It is 25 inches square and features painted silk organza.
The Language of Pink Elephants is the closest to finished of pieces I’m working on. I just need to sew down the facing so I call it done. It was made for my master class, uses pink silk bias strips, and measures 30.5 inches by 42.5 inches.
Another month with just one finish – It’s All About Me.
I managed to get to the finish line with Connect the Dots. It was hard for me to get to the visual from the idea for it, and I had some oopsies that mar the look a bit.
I used set aside painted tissue paper and interfacing to make Should Trees Have Standing? for an art group challenge. It’s backed with wool/rayon felt, and the trees are covered with dyed silk organza, and is 22 by 18 inches.
Three for May, yay!
With health issues impeding my quilting, output has really dwindled. I did complete Torii Traces, which finished at 31 by 39 inches.
I finished my February Master Class quilt on time. Heading Home was my response to the month’s prompt of movement. It was inspired by a kid practicing his hockey moves at a local pond.
Topsy is my first finish for 2016. She’s 26.5 by 34 inches and was wrapped up in February.
To begin a new year here’s Impact, completed in January 2015, and measuring 42.5 inches square.
Ripples In Still Water (30 by 39.5 inches) was actually finished in 2014, but I forgot to include it in that year’s portfolio. So I’m putting it in 2015 as I didn’t blog about it until then. It won Honorable Mention for art quilts at the 2015 Lake Farmpark show.
February brought two finishes.
At the end up March I got (At The) Feet of Klee bound. It uses sun printed fabrics and silks, including bits from a silk scarf.
Curves Ahead got bound in April and is on display over a second floor railing. It measures 49.5 inches by 65 inces.
Rust Never Sleeps took a long time to find a design solution. It measures 37 by 32.5 inches.Color Slide relies on color for impact. It measures 23.5 by 46 inches and is in use on my dining room table.
At long last The Big Bang is done. It’s 17.5 inches by 22 inches. I started it in February at Empty Spools and lived with it on my design wall for many months.
Moonrise was finally bound at the beginning of the month.
Maybe I should say October-ish, as my finishes straddle the calendar between October and November.
I completed the second piece developed from the same set of fabrics as Arcs, above. This piece is called Grasses.
To continue the -ish theme, I worked on Phosphenes mostly in October, but finished it in November.
To finish up 2015 I have an old project, found and finally finished. Shirley’s Star sat for years awaiting a way to set it. It measures 30 by 37 inches.
Then, there’s the last challenge piece for the year, Disappearing Diamonds. It was a thread challenge, and measures about 12.5 by 15.5 inches.