Maybe it’s the season and all the plastic bones scattered about my neighbors’ lawns, but I went a bit dark for my latest work. It’s loosely based on a photo by Penny. I thought it had an unsettling, scary look.
First I did a rough sketch and used string to outline my desired size on the design wall. Then, I laid out fabrics I wanted to consider and began pinning chunks of them to the wall. I used two fabrics I had printed by Spoonflower plus various commercial fabrics, including some I had despaired of ever using.
I decided to use the photo as a starting point, rather than recreate it exactly, and ended up with this. I had to get creative with some of the seam joins.
I have to decide whether to leave the upper left triangle as is, or change it to the solid bronze color fabric. All opinions are welcome.
It finished about 27 inches wide by 42 inches high. Now all it needs is quilting and a title once I resolve the upper left corner.
I am linking to Off The Wall Friday.